Waiting for training. How long?

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

lilly5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Waiting for training. How long?

Post by lilly5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 am

Hi everyone. .its been a while since i last posted. Pleased to say all my eyesight issues worked out in my favour & i went on to pass all the recruitment sections. Passed fitness & medical and did all the prints/dna stuff last August. All references were ok etc....and ...Im STILL waiting for an official offer of employment and for a date to commence training. The official line is that i am being considered for the next programme in February and appointment will be subject to operational needs! :slwo:
Has anyone else had to wait a long time after passing everything before being offered a job? I feel as if ive been put on a back burner ...it will be 12 months since I applied for recruitment in a couple of weeks with still no promise of an actual job! Slowly losing confidence in the whole process :(

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Waiting for training. How long?

Post by powdermonkey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm

lilly5,

Sorry to hear of your problem. Sounds to me that the delay may be due to the force confirming funding is available. And, yes, you'd think that would have been sorted before the recruitment process started. Having said that, I don't know how your force is doing regarding cuts. At WYP we've lost PCSO's from my division and no definite idea when they'll be replaced. Some PCSO's are being recruited but are being posted elsewhere in WYP; essentially where a council has agreed to share funding.
When I became a PCSO I only had to wait a month before staring training but that was before the cuts really bit. What is the Force saying to you other than what you have posted?
Good luck.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

lilly5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lilly5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 am

Powder monkey...thats it.
Thats as far as they are committing. There was a training programme last October which I didn't get selected for....letter said I would be considered for selection on the next programme...commencing in February 17.
I had an email in December asking if there had been any changes to my circumstances. I emailed yesterday to ask if there were any developments and when i could expect to find out if i would be offered a place next month & their reply was that i was being considered, that appointment was based on operational requirements and that succesful applicants would hear by 20th January.
So annoying. ..its like they expect you to put your life on hold!

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

You really are being messed about, aren't you? Was any reason given as to why you weren't selected for the October training? "Operational needs" covers a multitude of sins!
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

lilly5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lilly5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Nope...no explanation. Just a standard letter saying *this is not an offer of employment...but to inform that subject to meeting the requirements you will be considered for the next intake.* Please inform us of any change of circumstances etc.
Very non committal!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic