Confrontational or not ????

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

do you face confrontation in your role as a pcso?

You may select 1 option

View results

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:28 am

Agreed Bobble, you are right. Howmany times have we been giving words of adice to the kids and then an agressive parent arrives, usually drunk.

Its interesting how this role is changing and we are being used as back up. I know I am and have been in some very confrontational situations when helping out my PC colleaguse.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:30 am

Not sure what happened there that is the first time that i posted the same thing twice. :oops:
Regards
Anthony

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:31 am

No worrys AC :wink:

You up early, off to work soon?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:33 am

No day off sick not feeling well! :cry:
Regards
Anthony

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:38 am

Hope you feel better soon mate...

Back to topic or I'll have to ban myself.

The thing is with the forms and stats is its different every area. In the big cities you'll get it more than in the rural spots.

However any changes to our role will have to be through out the UK or it will just confuse the Public more.

George Orwell

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 am

No i agree but filling in the forms will go a long way to perhaps changeing the perception of us being in a non confrontational role.
Regards
Anthony

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

CURFEW FOR ABUSIVE MAN

Post by falkor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 am

CURFEW FOR ABUSIVE MAN

10:00 - 12 April 2008

A 22-year-old Mablethorpe man who was threatening and abusive to two Police Community Support Officers has been sentenced to a 12-week curfew order.

David James Hathaway, of Station Road, admitted using threatening or abusive words or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.After reading a fast track report, Skegness magistrates sentenced him to an electronically monitored 12-week curfew order, requiring him to remain indoors between 7pm and 7am.

Prosecuting, Jim Clare told the court that at 9.20pm on March 15 this year, two PCSOs stopped near the Co-op car park in Mablethorpe to speak to three men who were acting in an anti-social manner and were under the influence of alcohol.

Abuse was shouted as the officers approached and further abuse and verbal threats were made when they tried to record their personal details.

Hathaway was abusive and aggressive, shouting and swearing in an officer's face, the court heard.

Through gritted teeth, he warned the officer he would "regret it if he did not leave him alone", said Mr Clare.

Police officers were called to attend but Hathaway continued to be abusive and was arrested, Mr Clare added.

Hathaway, who was unrepresented, had nothing to say about the incident. > more

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: CURFEW FOR ABUSIVE MAN

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:49 pm

falkor wrote:CURFEW FOR ABUSIVE MAN

10:00 - 12 April 2008

A 22-year-old Mablethorpe man who was threatening and abusive to two Police Community Support Officers has been sentenced to a 12-week curfew order.

David James Hathaway, of Station Road, admitted using threatening or abusive words or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.After reading a fast track report, Skegness magistrates sentenced him to an electronically monitored 12-week curfew order, requiring him to remain indoors between 7pm and 7am.

Prosecuting, Jim Clare told the court that at 9.20pm on March 15 this year, two PCSOs stopped near the Co-op car park in Mablethorpe to speak to three men who were acting in an anti-social manner and were under the influence of alcohol.

Abuse was shouted as the officers approached and further abuse and verbal threats were made when they tried to record their personal details.

Hathaway was abusive and aggressive, shouting and swearing in an officer's face, the court heard.

Through gritted teeth, he warned the officer he would "regret it if he did not leave him alone", said Mr Clare.

Police officers were called to attend but Hathaway continued to be abusive and was arrested, Mr Clare added.

Hathaway, who was unrepresented, had nothing to say about the incident. > more
I get this quite often, never hits the press though.

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Confrontational or not ????

Post by PI & GI » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:45 am

here, here, whether we like it or not, we are deployable resources and there may well come a time where we do get in to these situations, then it is just down to sect 3 crim law and 'DUTY OF CARE'. There are so many people on this portal saying, 'its not within our remit' yes, I think we all get that message now. But sometimes it does hit he fan, and if your doing a proper risk assement at the time then i dont see any problems with it. It appears that there are to many people in this job that just want to be so called proffesional witnesses, well im im afraid the role has changed with the police and what the public wants, yes we are high vis and blah, blah blah, thats the core role but everything else is under the A.O.B section. WE ARE FRONT LINE AND WE SHOULD BE TRAINED IN PPE (YES, WE ARE NOT PC'S) But over the next 5 to 10 years if pc's get tazers as standard, surely that means we are in more of a risk role.
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am

It's taser...

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 am

brain don't be funny ya sod lol
Is now a PC

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:04 pm

awe, you guys make me laugh. lol hehe
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:53 pm

PCSO Mickyboy wrote:brain don't be funny ya sod lol

Who's Brain?

Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

abdi1234
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by abdi1234 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:53 pm

PI & GI wrote:here, here, whether we like it or not, we are deployable resources and there may well come a time where we do get in to these situations, then it is just down to sect 3 crim law and 'DUTY OF CARE'. There are so many people on this portal saying, 'its not within our remit' yes, I think we all get that message now. But sometimes it does hit he fan, and if your doing a proper risk assement at the time then i dont see any problems with it. It appears that there are to many people in this job that just want to be so called proffesional witnesses, well im im afraid the role has changed with the police and what the public wants, yes we are high vis and blah, blah blah, thats the core role but everything else is under the A.O.B section. WE ARE FRONT LINE AND WE SHOULD BE TRAINED IN PPE (YES, WE ARE NOT PC'S) But over the next 5 to 10 years if pc's get tazers as standard, surely that means we are in more of a risk role.
With your argument you might as well replace all PCSOs with PCs.

As for Tazar, I haven't got the room. CS and baton are far too useful to get rid of.

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 pm

jimbo wrote:
PCSO Mickyboy wrote:brain don't be funny ya sod lol

Who's Brain?

Sorry Long day for me i mean Brianb lol
Is now a PC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic