FLAT ON HER BACK!

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Have you used any defensive techniques?

You may select 1 option

View results

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

FLAT ON HER BACK!

Post by alihowe » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:48 pm

Listen up.......... you're gonna be very proud of me tee hee :!:

I had a call at 20.30hrs the other evening from the Park Security Guard, saying that for the last half an hour he had been trying to get a VERY DRUNK FEMALE to leave the park and she wasn't budging!

On arrival I saw a female who I know and comes up on PNC as being violent, violent to police, drugs and carries weapons...... eeeeeek! :D

I said to this female "come on **** this gentleman has a family to go home to tonight you know? He can't lock the park until you leave" to which she replied "F off you whore, you're f*****g with my head"

To cut a long story short, I was with this female for half an hour, gently trying to persuade her to leave the park.

We got near to the gates where she was trying to exit when she suddenly started really swearing at me, put her head forward, snarled, raised her fists and ran at me. My first reaction was to sort of run and get out of her way (bearing in mind she's a big old girl and looked very strong) When I looked back she was leaning against some railings and looked a bit calmer. As I went a bit nearer to talk with her, she did exactly the same again.......... This time I thought 'no you're not going to hurt me' and I shouted "Get back!" She carried on running at me, again with clenched fists........ so this time i smacked her right in the chest with open palms to get her away from me.....

My goodness, I couldn't believer how far she flew and she landed with a thump, flat on her back! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Her next words to me (as she was laying flat on her back on the floor) were "God, you're f*****g stronger then you look" I then said to her stay where you are until police arrive (while updating the control room). Luckily she did, I think I scared her!........ and myself lol :lol:

Anyway now you've all fallen asleep............ I just want to know if and when you've used your defensive training skills. Did it work and how effective was it?

It worked for me and I would certainly use it again if I was in danger or my colleagues.... :idea:
Last edited by alihowe on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:09 pm

Well done Ali.

Hope you are Ok Mate.

What did the Pcs do with her when they arrived? and where you single crewed?

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:29 pm

I know someone who did that on the Parks Police.They also went flat on their backs and promptly dissapeared down the moving escalator :lol:
Always wanted to push the big red button.... :P
Well done though Ali,hopefully she"ll remember you next time she tries to take a swipe at you and won"t go for you...
Jeff
Last edited by Headset 57 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:54 am

I was single crewed and had the Park Security Guy there with his dog, he's a lovely bloke but as about as much use as a Chocolate Fireguard!

When Police arrived they cuffed her straight away and said she was being arrested for D & D.....

Some lovely folk around eh? :roll:

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Cooper
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Cooper » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:51 pm

Ali,

Yeah ive used defensive techniques afew times, only when making arrest though. They usually consist of just a simple arm lock, whether it be in a straight arm bar or arm behind the back. On rare occasions we have taken people to the floor after they have been violent/threatening but i have to admit this has always resulted in them being hurt, usually cut/scratched head and therefore is only used when i think im going to be given a hiding

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:20 pm

Headset 57 wrote:Always wanted to push the big red button.... :P
Believe me mate, it's not that much fun. When i've had to use it it's meant that things are not going too well.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:04 pm

Good job Ali, well done. Glad your looking after number one. What next now she's nicked. FPN, NFA, court appearance???

Did you have to fill out a 'Use of Force' form??
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:37 pm

jimbo wrote:
Headset 57 wrote:Always wanted to push the big red button.... :P
Believe me mate, it's not that much fun. When i've had to use it it's meant that things are not going too well.
A colleague pushed the button when a vagrant had to be ejected from the station. Rather than go hands on they sat himon the ecsalator and he got a free ride down out of the station .
:o Jeff.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:43 pm

kipper wrote:Good job Ali, well done. Glad your looking after number one. What next now she's nicked. FPN, NFA, court appearance???

Did you have to fill out a 'Use of Force' form??
No didn't fill out a 'Use of Force' form but I had to make it quite clear in my MG11 why I used reasonable force on her. I also had to describe how I felt threatned and why I did what I did.

She was out the next day with NFA. Met her down by the River Bank and she was acting like my 'BEST FRIEND' :shock: :shock: :shock:

Quite funny really........ I asked her if she was okay and she thanked me for looking after her...... very odd! :?

jedrick999
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by jedrick999 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:44 pm

Good one Ali...!

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:17 am

I've just had a look at the Poll, and it's interesting to see that some people would prefer Baton, CS and Cuffs to protect themeselves.......

In my situation above, even if I'd had PPE I wouldn't have used it. Maybe the only one I would have used would have been the Cuffs to restrain this female once down.

It does worry me that if we WERE issued PPE that some may use it, instead of the Defensive Skills and this would put us in deep water...... quite worrying!

I've always said I would only used PPE (CS preferably) in the worse case scenario. Would try everything else first like calling up, pushing them off and sending them flying!!!!!!!! :lol: If I'm really scared, I can run blummin' fast too.....

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:51 am

RUN AWAY!!! :lol:

Never :wink:

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:30 am

Helped to arrest a guy who'd just punched a female PC in the face, I grabbed his right arm, and levered him onto the floor with it before kneeling on him to stop him getting up again.

As for defensive tactics? Noones ever tried to attack me :D
Big brother is watching you.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:54 am

Big Brother wrote:Helped to arrest a guy who'd just punched a female PC in the face, I grabbed his right arm, and levered him onto the floor with it before kneeling on him to stop him getting up again.

As for defensive tactics? Noones ever tried to attack me :D
Well done BB.........

The tatcics do work. I'd happily use them again. I had to kneel on the female until arrival of Police, she wasn't going anywhere and I didn't want to have to go through all of that again!

CID... If someone was pointing a knife at you, you wouldn't run away or walk away, if you couldn't persuade that person to put the knife down?

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:15 pm

I cant honestly answer that Ali, There are to many impact factors to think about.

But I have stood my ground when a bloke pulled a knife on me ( NOT AS A PCSO) and I got stabbed in my lower back and I have a nice scar to prove it :wink:.

So I really cant answer your question mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic