FLAT ON HER BACK!

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Have you used any defensive techniques?

You may select 1 option

View results

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:23 pm

I dont think anyone could answer that until they have been in that situation! Some people may run some people may not but lets hope we dont come across it!...
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:05 pm

I respect your honesty :)

I don't any of us can answer that until we're put in such a situation, and God forbid we ever will :shock:

When my colleague had a knife up to her throat the SC that was with her didn't run away, how could he? I don't know how he managed it, but he managed to Gas her and contain her until the arrival of more units. Thank God my colleague's scars were superficial and healed quite quick, but the phsycological scars will be there for some time :cry:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:59 pm

I came within a whisker of me landing a 'pre-emptive' strike on a local trouble maker today who is very anti police. He is an ex-boxer criminal about 50 and when he's had a drink he wants to take on the world. You know the sort.
Totally unprovoked he came right up to me giving it all the agro and dispite my repeated warnings and attempts to calm him down he kept at it. Making verbal threats and being aggressive. Then the clenched fists appeared at his waist height and seeing the danger signs I dropped my foot back and went into the get back routine. I at that stage was ready to land one but I knew that wouldn't have been enough and it would have turned into a total ruck and a U/A. I held off to see where it was going andthe worst I ended up doing was slapping a hand away that was going for a threatening prod in the chest. Then it all kind of suddenly fizzled out and he walk off. There was a section 4 offence for the threats but I let it go. Maybe I should of reacted a bit more positively but the chances are that when he sees me next he won't even remember it - the drink was talking mainly.
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:16 am

Glad your are ok Kipper, what are these people like when they're full of booze? :roll:

I think you did the best thing and tried to calm the situation, rather then fuelling the fire so to speak.

You're right in saying that when he meets you again he probably won't remember. As when I met the female I was talking about the next day (when she'd just come out of Custody about two hours later) she didn't remember the confrontation she had with me, she just said "Oh it's you again!" She chatted away to me like I was her long lost buddy :shock:

Still it takes all sorts to make the world go round, and it appears that these types of people are often our bread and butter :roll:

I think the whole time, we have to watch their body language and be ready for anything. A calm placid person can turn into a monster PDQ when under the influence of alcohol or durgs. We just have to be on our toes!
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic