PCSO's responding to calls!

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

what calls have you attended

You may select 1 option

View results

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:49 pm

he he.. depends what you call living ;)

I usd to have my full time job and manage to do 3 full shifts at the weekend on response teams .. that was enough for me for quite a few years .

If i do those hours i'd rather be a reg .
PC

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:53 pm

Gforceuk wrote: If i do those hours i'd rather be a reg .
YAWN :!: .........................LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

It makes a refreshing change sometimes to to the 'PUBLIC ORDER SHIFT' as Kipper calls it. Keeps you on your toes and you can put your communication skills to the test. Haven't been smacked in the face yet! :wink: Don't forget our shift enchancement also goes up when we work these hours from 14% to 20%, so it's worth doing from time to time :wink:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:11 am

Does it???

I better put a back dated claim in!

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 am

CIDB wrote:Does it???

I better put a back dated claim in!

I'm pretty sure it does. That's why we usually only work up till midnight and not beyond............... There's also quite alot of overtime in our Division for PCSOs CIDB, so we're doing twelve hour shifts as from 1st of December to cover an Operation.................. YIPEEEEEE! ROLE ON THE JANUARY SALES :P

Probably be too tired to go though :roll:

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:48 pm

Yeah we have had an e-mail saying overtime over the next month! Alot is is half nights so will be night clubs, pubs etc! Also the shoplifters during the day!...
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 am

Yes it's a busy time for us PCSOs who work in Towns. Detering and disrupting the Shoplifters is our main objective, as well as dealing with the people who are being 'OVER FESTIVE' and being a general nuisance to other members of the public :roll:

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY......... but wouldn't want it any other way! :P

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 am

Overtime! What is that? You must have a very big corperate purse. There's no way we'd get offered overtime. Even when we do a job that runs over our time we take the time back in lue. There is simply no budget to fund PCSO overtime.
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:26 am

jimbo wrote:
falkor wrote:Jimbo, reading the Met contract it appears to be saying that Met PCSOs would get time and a half for working bank holidays, is that right? :?:
Yep, not as much as Police Officers would get for working Xmas, but I'd still like to get my hands on it! If I'm lucky we'll finish later than midnight on xmas eve then I'll be able to get hold of some more lovely munney... :wink: :lol:
I still can't get over the fact that PCSOs get time and a half for bank holidays and not double time :x

I thought EVERYBODY got double time on a bank holiday :? yikes

kipper do PCSOs where you are work any BHLs?

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:50 am

No, neither we or our community team PCs work any bank holidays. I'm sure it is more to do with a funding issue.
As Simply Red once said "Moneys too tight to mention"
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:51 pm

falkor wrote: I still can't get over the fact that PCSOs get time and a half for bank holidays and not double time :x

Yep, the Met were very clever when they drew up the contracts for PCSOs and DDOs - something the PCS is very keen to change from what I understand.

PCSOs and DDOs have basically got a mixture of civvy and Police rules, which hasn't exactly worked to the advantage of the lads and ladies doing the jobs. At the moment the PCS is pushing for standardisation of working conditions to the full civil staff manual for PCSOs.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'

Post by Hysteria » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:01 pm

falkor wrote:
jimbo wrote:
falkor wrote:Jimbo, reading the Met contract it appears to be saying that Met PCSOs would get time and a half for working bank holidays, is that right? :?:
Yep, not as much as Police Officers would get for working Xmas, but I'd still like to get my hands on it! If I'm lucky we'll finish later than midnight on xmas eve then I'll be able to get hold of some more lovely munney... :wink: :lol:
I still can't get over the fact that PCSOs get time and a half for bank holidays and not double time :x

kipper do PCSOs where you are work any BHLs?

We were always put down to work Bank Holidays cos duties sgt once said we were,are cheaper at time an a half than pc's on double :shock:

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:25 pm

Me and you both H!
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 am

We never work bank hols here! Still just the way i like it!.. :)

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:58 am

stu wrote:We never work bank hols here! Still just the way i like it!.. :)
Me too, can't grumble...... an extra day off! :D

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:59 pm

Been a busy day today dealing with shoplifters and at the end of the day a disturbance at a club in the town centre! Xmas is on the way!.. :wink: I think PCSO's responding to calls is going to get busier, anyone else getting that xmas feeling!...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic