PCSO's responding to calls!

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

what calls have you attended

You may select 1 option

View results

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:44 pm

I did say at the start of the thread that this topic could be quite interesting and a good debate! I can see both points of view and respect everyones view on the calls we respond to, saying that my own view is that of CIDB's and Ali's and of what i can see most other pcso's. This thread is not just about the calls we respond to but the fact that any job we go to can turn out to be more serious than first thought! We can be walking through the street on patrol and things could go wrong and being in the job/uniform we are in people expect and rightly so us to do something about it! With that in mind the government should give us the tools to carry out our role safely and in turn provide us with a form of protection that isnt just a stab vest! Yes we need the training to go with it but you cant put a price on someones life!...
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:44 pm

Gforceuk wrote:just your adrenline? ;)
........... amongst other things!!! :wink:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:45 pm

:shock: :P :wink:
PC

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:51 pm

Looking at the above poll pcso's are being used and going to alot more than just nuisance youths etc! 52% a very large number attending calls that most people thought pcso's didnt attend! So is this a good thing or bad? It shows that pcso's back there pc colleagues 100% but with the above poll in mind isnt it time for the government to get off the fence and protect pcso's in the proper way ie ppe of some form! Yes we have all talked this one over and over again but seeing the poll it does make you think, also how so differently we are used by our forces!.. :roll:
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic