SUFFOLK PCSO 3012 DISARMS KNIFE ATTACKER

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Faced with my situation what would you do??

You may select 1 option

View results

MrIncredible
Rookie Member

Post by MrIncredible » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:07 pm

I WOULD SERIOUSLY ADVISE FELLOW MEMBERS NOT TO SUBMIT CAD REPORTS ONTO THIS WEBSITE.

FIRST OF ALL, IT IS A CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENT AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

SECOND AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL IT IS ILLEGAL!

JUST A REMINDER TO YOU ALL IF YOU DID NOT KNOW

MrIndcredible (Keeping the world safe for tommorow) :D

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:19 pm

But apart from that! WELL DONE :wink:

Minerva
Rookie Member

Post by Minerva » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:42 pm

MrIncredible wrote:I WOULD SERIOUSLY ADVISE FELLOW MEMBERS NOT TO SUBMIT CAD REPORTS ONTO THIS WEBSITE.

FIRST OF ALL, IT IS A CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENT AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

SECOND AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL IT IS ILLEGAL!

JUST A REMINDER TO YOU ALL IF YOU DID NOT KNOW

MrIndcredible (Keeping the world safe for tommorow) :D
Thirdly violation of DPA and I'm sure professional standards, or whomever, wouldn't be best pleased.

GlynB
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by GlynB » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:19 pm

Dear All

Interesting though this item is.It being a good demonstration of a PCSOs worth on the street I believe there are real issues in posting the CAD sheet here.

Such documents are confidential and should only be used for the pupose for which they were provided.

Not only could improper use constitute a breach of the Data Protection Act(a criminal offence) it is almost certainly a breach of employer/employee confidentiality( a breach of contract).

It might be possible to identify third parties from such print outs and as such could contravene Data Protection and possibly (in extreme cases) The Human Rights Act (Right to a private life)

It would not be possible to argue a public interest immunity or to claim that the new Freedom of Information Act justified the publication of this document.

As such this could easily lead to disciplinary action which could well be regarded as a gross misconduct. ie a dismisal offence.

My advice would be to avoid posting any document obtained in the course of duty unless it is "Not Protectivly Marked" or specific permission has been made to make the disclosure.

As ever consult your Trade Union if you need clarification
Glyn Boyington

Sgt87
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Sgt87 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:35 pm

PCSO 3012 wrote:LOI is "location of interest" this is a marker set on PNC ,like for domestics etc, so officer attending know prior to arrival that weapons or a large dog may be present, that info is source from previos events. Used a lot for domestics etc.
Its not PNC as PNC does not hold this type of information (People/Property/Drivers/Vehicles). It will more than likely be a reference in a database within the CAD software that is created locally.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:44 am

Bravo, a good job jobbed xxx

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic