are response teams suffering through neighbourhood policing?

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

response teams are

You may select 1 option

View results

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by micky » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:46 pm

Lets be clear on this in the Met, The Mayor has paid for the additional PCs and PCSOs on Safer Neighbourhood Teams. This is why they are ringfenced, they are an addition to what was there before SNT. Of course in reality some response teams have had to give up officers because the money would not be there if they were not fully manned. This however is a short term measure. In the Met we have well over 30,000 Pcs compared with 24,000 a few years ago. SNTs have reduced the demand on response teams in a number of ways.

They have reduced crime
They have reduced the fear of crime leading to less calls to CAD
They have by being readible contactable reduced the calls going into the CAD room.

Response Teams have been stretched but to suggest that there is a team of five covering a whole borough is just ridiculous and something that I will not accept as true.

Whereas the federation is right to be concerned about the ability of forces to respond to calls, the answer isn't to simply employ more PCs to answer them, but to also have Pcs reducing the demand.
never regret the future.

abdi1234
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by abdi1234 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 am

Micky
These abstractions are different from normal SNTs. The money does not come from the Mayor but elsewhere. What is being formed are two experimental 24/7 SNTs on our borough, completly in addition to the well established SNTs.

This is a loss of 5 officers from a team of 30 whos strength should be 40 putting us perminantly 1 under the minimum strength of 26 without taking into count people wanting holidays, abstractions, court or illness.

willt36
Official Member
Official Member

Post by willt36 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:26 am

Micky wrote
They have reduced crime
They have reduced the fear of crime leading to less calls to CAD
They have by being readible contactable reduced the calls going into the CAD room.

Response Teams have been stretched but to suggest that there is a team of five covering a whole borough is just ridiculous and something that I will not accept as true.
Are you a pcso or a pc or are you an mp.

Wake up and join the real world
With great power comes great responsibility

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by micky » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:49 am

WILT36

I am in the real world. I was on the pilot site for SNTs and we were examined from every concievable direction and agency. We are the proof the SNTs do all that I claim. As they were rolled out across London similar results were found at most sites.

If you want to visit me in Welling I will produce the stats, the reponse teams, the public and the polititians who will all support the claim.
never regret the future.

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by micky » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:59 am

If I remember right ABDI

the money for your expermental teams is coming from the council and is again an additional resource
never regret the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic