Do you do Crime Reports?

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Do you do Crime Reports? For PCSO's

You may select 1 option

View results

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 am

hey deb

our PC's do that now to its only been in a month or so.

but it's still the PC's that do it no CSO's

it's ment to save time for the officer.

and CSO's dont do crime reports cos our role is out of the office and on the beat gaining intel and doing our bit for the community (well thats what were told any way.)

and to be honest i'd rather be out of the office and out of people way.
its much more fun on the streets.

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Wed May 16, 2007 12:02 pm

deb wrote:herts do Crime reports but phone them from the scene via airwaves .. no paperwork and we're still on the beat!!!!
Why can't we do that! :roll:
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Thu May 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Our PC's would love to do that and rightly so. I hope it happens for them soon :cry:

In the meantime, we'll keep helping them as best we can.
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Fri May 18, 2007 1:40 pm

In essex we can now phone our crime bureau from our airwave radio, Therefore we dont need to return to the nick if we need to complete a crime complaint.

Sorted :D

mattd
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by mattd » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

We phone our crime recording in either from the victims phone, or if not available via the airwaves handset.

It is a good system and in theory reduces the time taken for the job...the only thing is the force are now using that system as more of a catch all repository for crime information which means having to add much more information when half the time it isnt necessary on the initial report.
These are my views and are not representative of the Police service with which i serve....plus most of what i say is pretty useless anyway :-)

Sonic5023
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Sonic5023 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:25 pm

I only do neg line crimes, however i have done a couple which have been neg line, but i have requested SOCO, so sometimes that comes back with a positive lead. Most bobbies are happy for me to then pass the crime to them, at least if SOCO came back negative, they havent wasted their time taking the initial report!

Registered Member
Registered Member

Crime Reports

Post by 0007 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:04 pm

We did on Merseyside until recently - some idiot crimed the job in a bobby's name and it came onto the bobby's IMS files whilst he was on leave. The job feel outside the time parameters as a result and area management sent out an order that we were no longer to take them.

We are trialing taking statements on the Wirral! Yet can no longer do crime reports. Ludicrous.

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:18 am

I crimed a common assault tonight and took the witness statement for it. Last night did a statement for an abh for officers from Coventry, in London with the witness and sent it off today.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Crime Reports

Post by JCH » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

0007 wrote:We did on Merseyside until recently - some idiot crimed the job in a bobby's name and it came onto the bobby's IMS files whilst he was on leave. The job feel outside the time parameters as a result and area management sent out an order that we were no longer to take them.

We are trialing taking statements on the Wirral! Yet can no longer do crime reports. Ludicrous.
Stupid why not speak to the person concerned.. typical police responce to things.. someone did something stupid so you all must be stupid.

rob_hughes
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by rob_hughes » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:01 pm

We used to do crime reports but stopped, I know not why?
Be positive........ like my blood group

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:16 pm

Headset 57 wrote:I crimed a common assault tonight and took the witness statement for it. Last night did a statement for an abh for officers from Coventry, in London with the witness and sent it off today.
Jeff, have they trained you to take 5 part statements? Doesn't this take you off the street for quite a long time, as a good 5 part statment takes a bit of time to do........ a quality one anyway?

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 am

Ali, mine take about 45 - 60 minutes if i'm quick and depends on the witness and how much they've seen and can remember. I've been doing them for a few years now but get a bit more variety on the railway in terms of witness jobs. In fact i did 3 yesterday now i remember. 1 for me for a detention / arrest. 1 from the store guard and 1 from the manager earlier on as a favour for a PC. Not all PCSO's can type fast or do witness statements but they do do their own.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:04 pm

I think it's OK for us to take a quick 'loser statement' or similar, but to start taking us off our beats to do long, complexed witness statements kind of defeats the object of us being a visible presence. Not very visible if we're sitting in a shop office or someone's house huh?

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Well our nick is on the station so we aren't off the station really and if we get an urgent then i can pop out, but our lot know what they're doing. Also when in the station if the help phone goes i can deal with that too or pass it over.
Last edited by Headset 57 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Headset 57 wrote:Well our nick is on the station so we aren't off the station really and if we get an urgent then i can pop out, but our lot know what they're doing. Also whe in the station if the help phone goes i can deal with that too or pass it over.
Sounds like you've got it sussed Jeff :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic