Do you do Crime Reports?

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Do you do Crime Reports? For PCSO's

You may select 1 option

View results

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Are we talking about doing crimit plus :?: :?
Regards
Anthony

Silverfox
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Do you do Crime Reports?

Post by Silverfox » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Headset, does BTP train you in relation to conducting a video interview with a Vulnerable victim ? If they are classed as Vulnerable a Video Of the Interview can be shown to the court instead of the victim having to give evidence in chief.
"Crime won't crack itself"

denwar bud
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by denwar bud » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Having done them for years and being other peoples crime reports to investigate and doing statements for any kind of offence , well it does sound like im on my way to a full pc dont you think? but i dont wanna be a copper cause i no good at making up excuses for not taking a job on (hehe cheeky me)

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re:

Post by Headset 57 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:20 pm

alihowe wrote:
Headset 57 wrote:Well our nick is on the station so we aren't off the station really and if we get an urgent then i can pop out, but our lot know what they're doing. Also whe in the station if the help phone goes i can deal with that too or pass it over.
Sounds like you've got it sussed Jeff :D

My PDR takes longer than a statement theses days! :roll: and now we're going over to teh IPA's ( not the beer version though )... :twisted:

Silverfox says:
Headset, does BTP train you in relation to conducting a video interview with a Vulnerable victim ? If they are classed as Vulnerable a Video Of the Interview can be shown to the court instead of the victim having to give evidence in chief.

No, that's a PC job, allthough yesterday i detained and cuffed up a well known robber ( last job i detained him for was a knife point robbery on the station last year ); as he was put up by shopwatch and had £60 quids worth of gear on him and was going equipped too... Went to custody and did my MG, SID, Crimed it, and colleagues did their MG's and took losers statements.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

pcsosteve
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by pcsosteve » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 pm

We only do first service door to door enqs and reassurance visits. Any crime with out a PC as an investigating officer will be bounced back to the local Sgt.

barton@barton2

Post by barton@barton2 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm

at humberside we do c/rs and also customer satisfaction visits so every repeat victim of asb and crime low level such as crim damage been doing this for 3 years as well as giving crime prevention advice parking and public order tickets plenty to do as we have all the available pcso powers bar one.

Buster

Re:

Post by Buster » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Funny Boy wrote:Talking of crime reports.

We are being trained on EAB's. Any of you guys do this yet.

Its part of the Mets new 6 week trainning programme.
MET trained me and confered the power to issue PND's FPN's and EAB's over a year ago BUT they dont seem to want us to issue or complete them on my borough. Truth is I couldnt even find an up to date Book in the store.

As for reporting crimes I must ask WHY??? would I want to........Seems to me a lot of "younger" PCSO's ( said with respect) want more and more powers. We have a role to play in HVP and community engagement. Once youve done your year's probation then put in to join the Police and you will get those powers after proper training. The guys I work with keep wanting handcuffs and Asps. Having handcuffs means I will have to handcuff someone that probably is not going to go quietly so now I am in a confrontational situation usually ending in a wrestling match on the floor with the supect and/or me geting injured. I can hear the jobs response to MY injury, shouldnt have been involved, and worse, if I injure the suspect or even if he makes an allegation I hurt him then I am the one answering questions with the distinct possibility of an assault charge to answer. Being involved in physical contact goes with the job of being a Policeman and they can rely on a certain amount of backup and support.... PCSO's do not have this protection or support. So be careful out there

overthinker1977
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by overthinker1977 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:10 pm

We do em' for crim dam only... maybe theft for the town centre PCSO's but we're not supposed to.

Alex
Supporter of Police
scum = criminals

elcapitan
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'

Post by elcapitan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 am

I was asked by CID the other day to do a 3rd party crime report for a serious ongoing incident. I turned round to CID and just told them that I was not in a position to do a crime report and said I would find a police officer to do it for me. Hopefully did the right thing!
July 2007 - PC Day 1 Assessment
December 2007 - Failed PC Day 1 (by 1%)
September 2008 - PCSO Day 2 Passed
29 January 2009 - Training commences
16 March 2009 - ON THE BEAT!
January 2010 - Re-apply for PC...WooP WooP!

the dark lord
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by the dark lord » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 pm

We've had the training, but as a rule don't do it...

I have heard of one PCSO from a team of 18 doing one in 6months or so...

BiGjD
Official Member
Official Member

Post by BiGjD » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Generally I crime damages,commercial burglary and burglary other. Although if a statement is required that is passed on to a PC to do. I do the H+H enquiries, CCTV enquiry etc etc and if something comes up that may mean delving into it a little further I pass that to a PC to investigate if necessary.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 pm

PCSOs in my area are often taking initial reports following a crime being comitted. Most BOTDs, Thefts, crimdam etc. However, we will need authorisation from a PC before we can crime it. We can basically do everything with the crime upto the point where an arrest has to be made. Then the PC takes over and finishes it off + gets the detection of course. It made me really angry when I watched Dispatches and they complained that PCSOs dont do enough detections. HELLO! We cant detect!. The crime system will not accept a PCSO collar number. I once did everything on a crime and sorted it by RJ. Still, when I sent it off for completion it came back for allocation to a PC!!?! (I obviously do not exist)....

I better go to bed. I have managed to make myself in a bad mood now just reading though a few of the other threads. It is a thankless job and I have 10 hours of it tomorrow..

Good night

lornab
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by lornab » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 am

Having been a PCSO for 5 years now, I do crime reports, have my own crime queue which we are allocated crimes by the Sgt. Inspector, or VCU. These are investigated, written up and completed through to filing, including all victim updates. I thought everyone did them? We can also allocate crime reports that we have created.

steve999
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by steve999 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm

lornab wrote:Having been a PCSO for 5 years now, I do crime reports, have my own crime queue which we are allocated crimes by the Sgt. Inspector, or VCU. These are investigated, written up and completed through to filing, including all victim updates. I thought everyone did them? We can also allocate crime reports that we have created.
:slwo: Good on you. What else do you do?

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 am

lornab wrote:Having been a PCSO for 5 years now, I do crime reports, have my own crime queue which we are allocated crimes by the Sgt. Inspector, or VCU. These are investigated, written up and completed through to filing, including all victim updates. I thought everyone did them? We can also allocate crime reports that we have created.

I do the same mate, i have about 10 crimes to look at but with doing this it takes a workload of a PC
Is now a PC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic