Do you do Crime Reports?

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Do you do Crime Reports? For PCSO's

You may select 1 option

60%
27%
10%
3%

Total votes: 283

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:12 pm

alihowe wrote:I have always been told to go and "sieze" CCTV and that;s what I write in my PNB when I get the person to sign my book. I'm sure the court would understand that I was 'collecting' the CCTV, what's the big deal. Hurt does it? lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

BIG WINK :wink:

oh yer, and a hug :cud: ..... everyone needs one of those from time to time.
LOL well put Ali, To be honest I don't think anyone has ever said No you can not have it... Its just a term we use "Sieze it."
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

shaun o
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shaun o » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:24 pm

alihowe wrote:
CIDB wrote:been doing CID105 ( crime complaint forms in essex ) for years mate, Its not big deal mate, just another bit of paper, in our none paperwork role :wink:
Yep, me too. And we do them for anything and everything. We just don't do the further investigation on it, although having said that we do carry out door to door enquiries and view/sieze CCTV etc.
Yep me 2, Essex force!

Esox
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Esox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:45 pm

You are actually only collecting and not seizing as PCSOs don't have the power to seize evidence...however the term Seize is used loosely :D
Chris

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:19 pm

Ah, but the result is the same. CCTV ends up at the nick. :wink:

So we could call it what we want as long as the end result is the same :D :D :D :D

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:54 pm

I caress the CCTV............ lol :lol:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Lieutenant fatman
Counsellor
Counsellor
Class: 'Paladin'

Post by Lieutenant fatman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:35 pm

I steal the CCTV...
But seriously 'Collect' is the correct term and I would go with saying this myself as there is a big difference between the two. You'll probably get away with using the word seize for the rest of your career but I always say better safe than sorry, and for the sake of one syllable, you might as well.

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:35 pm

alihowe wrote:I caress the CCTV............ lol :lol:
Oh young lady! :shock: :oops:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

METRO
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by METRO » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:28 am

Hi Gang

I've been 'MIA' for a while, hope you are all ok?

We are doing crime reports for 'Neg' Crimes such as Burglary Other and Criminal Damage-We are not allowed to be tasked by Comms to go and take a crime report, we can only take the report if we are stopped in the street-any 'Pos' line crimes must be dealt with by a police officer in GMP.
With regard to the 'seizure' or 'collection' of CCTV-we do this on a regular basis and we seize the tapes and exhibit the tape and also book it into the property system for allocation to the investigating officer-
It was an interesting point that was made that we don't have the power to 'seize' however for the 'continuity of evidence' there needs to be an audit trail of who has handled that evidence and we exhibit the footage as evidence we have 'seized' or 'collected'.

The audit trail consists of the CCTV operator responsible for putting the tape into the VCR and the Operator who removed it from the VCR (dates & times) and then the operator issuing the tape to the 'collecting' or 'seizing' officer-then the officer who takes the tape back to the station he or she then exhibits this evidence to prove the audit trail of evidence handling. Interesting point though, we may well be doing it wrong? :D :D
'A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions'.

Raven
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Raven » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:58 am

We do not yet do crime reports and I believe that they will come in to save the PCs time, but it is taking us off the street which I feel is what we were introduced to do.

It seems that across the country the powers widely vary, the uniform changes, the reporting changes and the functionality of the role varies greatly. Is it not time for this to be consolidaed into a more uniform role nationally?
If at first you don't succeed - head for the pub!

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Raven wrote:We do not yet do crime reports and I believe that they will come in to save the PCs time, but it is taking us off the street which I feel is what we were introduced to do.

It seems that across the country the powers widely vary, the uniform changes, the reporting changes and the functionality of the role varies greatly. Is it not time for this to be consolidaed into a more uniform role nationally?
Our job is all about contact with the public, not just walking the beat and doing crime reports is all about contacting the public...

I wasn't happy when I was forst told we were going to be doing it, however now I done them i see why we are doing it.

George Orwell

Raven
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Raven » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:05 am

So you agree with this then?

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:11 am

Raven wrote:So you agree with this then?
I do now 100%.

George Orwell

Raven
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Raven » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Well I look forward to the training.

Actually I am on the NEW POWERS course now for the MET. Good fun and worthwhile, the trainers are a good bunch too. Which helps

Esox
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Esox » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:58 pm

Raven wrote:Well I look forward to the training.

Actually I am on the NEW POWERS course now for the MET. Good fun and worthwhile, the trainers are a good bunch too. Which helps
What new powers exactly are you getting??
Chris

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!

Raven
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Raven » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:32 am

Power set 3

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic