Standard Powers!

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Standard Powers!

Post by ruben » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:45 pm

the link to the new standard powers, which will be introduced 1st december 2007. pretty dissapointed to be honest! makes no difference to northumbria CSO's!

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/communi ... -officers/

click on summary of responses to view the PDF file.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

geordiepaul2005
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by geordiepaul2005 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:18 am

BTP have all of those at the moment.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:23 am

We had an email about this at work, It said no change for essex pcsos at all.

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 am

I am yet to find a force that these powers will make any real difference to... you can thank the Fed and ACPO for this.. the original set were watered down due to pressure from our friends... Utter waste of time introducing them... at least everyone can place out traffic signs now that will help to reduce Anti-social behaviour......

oli
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by oli » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Power to stop vehicles removed? a lot of places have problems with vehicles being used antisocially and this would be a good power to have (especially as my force has the sec59 warning power) which i wont be able to do being as i cant stop vehicles!

Power to search for alcohol and tobacco removed?
i can understand that this might lead to confrontation but on the otherside on the mostpart this will be used to search little billys bag when he has been stopped for swigging a can of stella. so now we seize the stella and he goes off and opens another can out of his bag!

steven
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by steven » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:26 pm

Seems like it's getting worse :evil:
A dream is a goal without a plan.

James
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by James » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Is this definate, that all forces will get standard powers on 1st Dec? If its true then i will gain a few more powers :D

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:23 pm

I havent been waiting for it ... so that rules out the thread title ;)

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:57 pm

It will make a difference to Sussex PCSOs.

It appears every power we have already is put to use and is responsible for what we do and our remit.

JIMMYB20
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by JIMMYB20 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 pm

I am about to start training a week on monday, and would be really interested to discover what effect, if any, it will have on pcsos in GMP?

Is it right that they are removing the power to search for alcohol and tobacco??

jimmy.

timbo

Post by timbo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:20 am

JIMMYB20 wrote:I am about to start training a week on monday, and would be really interested to discover what effect, if any, it will have on pcsos in GMP?

Is it right that they are removing the power to search for alcohol and tobacco??

jimmy.

in GMP you don't have the power to search anyway at present so you wont be losing anything.

timbo

Post by timbo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:55 pm

I notice in the document on the home office it still suggests that chief officers have the option to give as many or as few of the powers in table 1 as they like!!!!!!!!!!11

What is the point in standard powers if chief officers can still amend them???????? Defeats the object :(

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:49 pm

What its doing is making sure your CC makes the decisions on what they want you to have. Still one good thing after reading the home office site, we are called pcso's and not cso's! Now that can only be good. :wink: :lol: (only joking people) lol.
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

timbo

Post by timbo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 pm

stu wrote:What its doing is making sure your CC makes the decisions on what they want you to have. Still one good thing after reading the home office site, we are called pcso's and not cso's! Now that can only be good. :wink: :lol: (only joking people) lol.

its like that now. gmp cc already amended the powers ages ago this december thingy makes little difference!

The idea of standard powers was to reduce confusion accross the uk of what pcso's can/can't do!
The new idea still wouldn't help renention of PCSO's. Say for arguments sake you wish to move force my understanding is that you can't as the powers etc... vary from force to force........... That will still be the same if cc's are amending them.....................

LMAO :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic