Young PCSO personel Opinions

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

livealittle

Young PCSO personel Opinions

Post by livealittle » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

My main question to you all is- what are people attitude towards 16-22 PCSO's including the public, and colleagues. As a 22 year old I applied to become a support officer in the past but at the time when I was 19 , it felt wrong because how can people take you seriously at such a young age i thought. So the confidence wasn't there to do the job or motivation so I withdrew my application.
I believe a wright age to join would be mid twenties as you would be more grown up physically and mentally with life experience to go with that. I have friends who joined at 21 as a PC and had done nothing to show community work except bar work, they should had volunteered such as victim support. They even had very poor social skills and in my opinion joined for the wrong reason power and salary. I don't understand how they pass? I want to help the people its been in my blood but I want to join at the right age to perform the job properly.

Thank You for your opinions

kizzy_k
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by kizzy_k » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:30 pm

the fact that you have to ask the questions tells me that you are not mature enough yet. you'll know when the time is right :)

btw i'm 22 and i start on mon :)

Raz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Raz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:44 pm

I'll second you on that Kizzy

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic