PCSOs - What did you do today?

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

the dark lord
Committee Member
Committee Member

PCSOs - What did you do today?

Post by the dark lord » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 pm

To give us newbie-wannabe-applicants-in progress people an idea of what you get up to on duty, please could some active PCSOs give us a quick run down of what you have been upto on an average day on the streets. (Location/Force would be good too)
Last edited by the dark lord on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PCSOTristan
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: PCSOs - What did you do today?

Post by PCSOTristan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Helping out a neighbouring division with H2H, of which none of that division could be bothered to turn up and help! :slead:

b3njy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by b3njy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Enjoyed my last rest day.
Will be giving my boots a good polish this evening!
All ready thinking about the numerous jobs I have on my workload to do tomorrow :slna:

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 am

each shift can differ, if a critical incident happens then that pretty much takes up your shift but a typical day shift goes something like this for me.

go out on patrol, talk to about 15 different people, help a mother with her shopping, do some victim visits, play with a puppy, lunch, patrol or follow up on emails and calls.

Late shifts on the weekend is completley different and i end up dealing with drunken youths. I find that day shifts are more crime prevention, community engagment while evenings are more helping out police officers and keeping the peace

JEA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by JEA » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 am

Spent the whole damn shift dismantling a cannabis factory. :slthd:

(which, despite obvious links to organised crime, is not going to CID/Drugs Squad, but is being investigated by beat officers!!! :slrnt: )

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 am

JEA wrote:Spent the whole damn shift dismantling a cannabis factory. :slthd:

(which, despite obvious links to organised crime, is not going to CID/Drugs Squad, but is being investigated by beat officers!!! :slrnt: )
Ooooohhhh Smells so bad!

Yesterday I did my H2H and had a walk around my largest village and soaked up the sun. Had a brew with one of my residents, then went to a meeting and collected some kit I had put out earlier.

It was a lovely relaxing day! :sljo:
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Rekhmire
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by Rekhmire » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Went to visit an 87 year old lady who had had the plants stolen from the tubs outside her flat. Unwitnessed, therefore NFA.

Went to local park, spoke to head of parks and gardens. 20 mins later they arrived at the lady's house and re-planted all her pots (and her neighbours who had also plants robbed) for free.

All residents chuffed to bits.

Community policing in action.

tommy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tommy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Normal Dayshift

1 Hour - Arrive, book on, coffee/tea, check emails/breifing/recent jobs & kit up.
3 Hours - Patrol my patch. Do an average of 2/3 victim visits.
1 Hour - Lunch
3 Hours - Patrol my patch. Do another 1/2 victim visits before patrolling the high school at kick out time.
1 Hour - Write up notebook at station, finish of bits & bobs and update stuff.

Normal Nightshift

1 Hour - Arrive, book on, coffee/tea, check emails/breifing/recent jobs, crew up with night partner & then kit up.
2 Hours - Get victim visits and jobs out of the way.
1 Hour - Patrol known hotspots for anti social behaviour.
1 Hour - Dinner
3.5 Hours - Patrol known hotspots for anti social behaviour. Seize alcohol/tobacco from underage. (Also usually respond to any low level jobs on patch at this time).
0.5 Hours - Write up notebook at station, finish of bits & bobs and update stuff.

Obviously each day isn't always the same as this, but it's roughly how it works out.

Once every 2 weeks or so, something bigger will happen which can take several hours out of the normal day: Eg, getting someone arrested, stumbling across an icident (burglary, RTC etc).
*Any posts made by me are my personal opinion*

Andrew B
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Andrew B » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Mhmm went to a meeting about some local community event to add my planning input. Then I played postman and delievered letters to ward panel members..before visiting my local primary school to arrange 3 school talks im doing tomorrow. Got on the bus once, chatted to some people along the way.

BOOYA
Ex Met PCSO
PC Day 1 Passed 06Sep
PC Day 2 24th February

Current Met PC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic