TOLD OFF FOR REMEMBERING A FALLEN SOLDIER.

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

TOLD OFF FOR REMEMBERING A FALLEN SOLDIER.

Post by PI & GI » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm

HELLO PEEPS, I love the banter on here, lol,

Today I got an email from my area (bcu) Media & comms manager which was CC'd to my sgt and Inspector, I was told that I should not have emailled the inbox for the main station users in the town and also my own station about the fact that one of my Army buddies was the latest to be killed in Afghan at the weekend. He was in the same TA unit as me. I informed people about this and stated " if there are any people who want to pass me general condolences, as he was a local lad, then please do so before friday as I am going doing to Wooton Basset with the Regemental association to pay our respects to a fallen brother rifleman." I then added a small poem I created myself (see below). I fail to see why they thought that I was (missusing IT ). My sgt asked for an informal chat but said don't worry. :slarr:

BUT my point is, I don't sit there and email all of a sundry about selling kit from ebay and some of the general widely posted rubbish that everyone surely gets on their LAN desktop.( Thats for people that do the media comms job that email us all sorts of daily statistical crap- and they get paid more lol ). (i am sure some people do a good and honourable job so I am not slaggong all media and comms off).

:slbx: I was mearly trying to remember a fallen comerade. Silly me for thinking that common sense would prevail and the policy managers would let it be.
This was the only time I have dont this. I feel disgusted. If wearing a poppy is ok - which is is in my force, then why not this. I bet the excuse for a desk jocky was 'covering' their arse (even though the BCU commander probabaly got the email too and I know would be supportive as I have met him many times and spoken with him- he's an ex soldier.) I feel that this is the sort of expletif that would work for a council and say something like " no we can't put a wreath outside the main building or wear poppies because it might 'offend' the non- belieivers'. RUBBISH. This - as im sure you can tell really P**sed me off.
i understand there is and IT policy bu surely discretion should have been used, as I am sure that Andi would turn in his fresh grave.

I understand that their can't be one rule for one, and another for someone else, but this is crap,

Ok m I have had my rant now and feel somewhat relieved as the wife is in bed as she is on earlies. lol

R.I.P ANDREW FENTIMAN. COME ON THE RIFLES.

WE STAND ALONE,

WE STAND TALL AND FIGHTING UNTIL THE LAST

WE FOLLOW OUR BROTHERS INTO THE DARKNESS HOPING FOR LIGHT,

WE FALL IN DEATHS GLORY, NEVER TO BEEN SEEN AGAIN,

BUT HEROS HONOUR NEVER DIES, AND MEMORIES SHALL LIVE FOREVER

OF THESE GREAT MEN IN HISTORY.

THROUGH THE AGES LOVE AND LOST,

IT IS OUR DUTY NOW TO PROTECT THE HONOUR AND THE MEMORIES,

AND WE SHALL.

GOD BLESS ALL FALLEN COMERADES, INCLUDING THOSE KNOWN BUT UNTO GOD.
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: TOLD OFF FOR REMEMBERING A FALLEN SOLDIER.

Post by mj12cz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:14 pm

What a lot of cobblers... stick to your descision, the amount of e-mails we recieve about leaving do's or cars for sale or my Fav lost files!

You are right to be proud of regiment and I am sorry of your loss, its another sad day.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 am

PI,

sorry for the news mate but i have one question. Was it the TA soldier that died from Peterborough?
Is now a PC

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:53 pm

he was from Milton keynes , E company the rifles. In Blakelands TAC. Not sure where he lived though.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:49 am

PI & GI-

If I had received an email like that, I would have been furious... and would have had to calm myself down with a cup of tea, counting to 10 several times before replying! I think I would have replied that I was right to show respect for a fallen soldier who was doing his duty, and stand by my views. On second thoughts, maybe I would have just counted to 10, and deleted that stupid email.

I have no respect for people like that manager. He should feel ashamed of himself. And he most definitely owes you an unreserved apology!
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 am

Today I got an email from my area (bcu) Media & comms manager which was CC'd to my sgt and Inspector
PI, have you seen either your Sgt or your Insp since then?

what do THEY say about it? do they agree with the Media & Comms manager?
My sgt asked for an informal chat but said don't worry.
just saw that you have an informal chat with your Sgt coming up, be interested to know their view

I think it would be different if you were forever launching emails to the inbox for the main station users in the town and also your own station on various subjects, but if this is just a one off and for a very good valid reason, it seems that this manager could have used common sense and discretion to handle the situation better - very poor :slna:

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:06 pm

thanks for the support guys.

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 pm

mj12cz wrote:What a lot of cobblers... stick to your descision, the amount of e-mails we recieve about leaving do's or cars for sale or my Fav lost files!

You are right to be proud of regiment and I am sorry of your loss, its another sad day.

Each force has different policies. If it had turned up on BTP force systems than that would have been classed as a misuse also.
PC

multidropper
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by multidropper » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:09 am

This is typical these days eh?

A bloke loses his life in a foreign country fighting to keep us all safe and some bastard in an office decides that it's wrong for you to ask for condolences? I'm sorry, but if it were me I think I'd be going for the "chat". The thing is I would probably end up shouting...but that's just me!

You should be proud (As I'm sure you are) that your fallen mate at least had the guts to get off his arse and at least try to do something about what is obviously a very hot situation out there. Office dwellers, who often read this site, please take note!

It's this type of crap that made me finally decide to bin the job in favour of lorry driving. Not worth the hassle for me.

RIP to your mate, he has a lot to be proud of.

And as for certain "members of the community" being offended by some of our customs etc (wreaths, poppies, christmas decorations), tough, if they don't like it, then they can always live and let live. I do.
Started at SYP as a PCSO in January 2004

Resigned in September 2006

Now working as a class 1 HGV driver.

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:01 pm

cheers buddy. :sltee:

CMTsgt
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by CMTsgt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 am

Tomorrow morning I will stand in silence in front of my local War Mermorial, wearing my PCSOs uniform (No Medals), I will then smartly salute rememembering to pause for the regimental 2/3, and think about a fallen TA soldier that has died for his country.

I am a proud member of Her Majestys Armed forces serving in the TA.

If some local jobs worth then want to complain that a PCSO was seen to salute. then if they give me their name I would gladly help them to compose their letter.

My Regimental Motto is "IN ARDUIS FIDELIS" (FAITHFUL IN ADVERSTY)
Lifes a bitch you marry get divorced and marry again

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 pm

YES! RIGHT ON BROTHER RAMC! STEADFAST IN ADVERSITY! THANKYOU FOR THE SALUTE TO MY FALLEN COMMERADE. SEE THE BBC EAST WEBSITE FOR A SHORT VIDOE OF THE FUNERAL THAT TOOK PLACE TODAY. A VERY SAD DAY.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic