your favourite police stations

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

your favourite police stations

Post by falkor » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 pm

At the start of this year, Surrey Police had a whole host of Police Stations open to the Public viz, Ash, Ashford, Banstead, Camberley, Caterham, Cobham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnham, Godalming, Guildford, Haslemere, Horley, Leatherhead, Lingfield, Molesey, Oxted, Reigate, Ripley, Staines, Sunbury, Walton and Woking. All these actual Police Stations had opening hours for the local people to come in to produce their documents, see local officers or make enquiries.
my 2 fave police stations are 1 MOLESEY

I grew up with Molesey nick from the age of 5, handed some property in there when I was a kid and got a postcard back ending "your obedient servant" which I thought was hugely bizarre, before I joined the MET I went in there and they had to measure me to make sure I was at least 5'8" tall
2. REIGATE NICK, the busiest nick across Surrey, I worked there 7 days on the trot once, what a total total nightmare :sldv:

ok now you, 2 fave nicks, a map if possible and a couple of lines of text? :slwoot:

Ardella52

Re: your favourite police stations

Post by Ardella52 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:14 am

Since the patch there have been continued complaints
Last edited by falkor on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming is such a joy isn't it

dingdangdo
Banned Member

Post by dingdangdo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Another hatchet job..

http://www.codehappy.net/apolyton/threads/38091-1.htm

What are you up to Ardella52?

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Dock Green was my favourite as a lad. I visited every week in the company of Sgt Dixon.

TV heaven.

NArf
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Archer'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by NArf » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 am

Although it's an uninspiring and, to be honest quite dreary station, I have a soft spot for the soon-to-be-closed-and-demolished Lichfield station. Since it was built, I don't think it's ever had a refit so it still feels like a 'real' police station as I knew them when I was young with wooden beams/structures all over the place. There's a ricky old lift from the 50's, the top floor has rooms still labelled 'Bar', 'Kitchen' etc, even they've long since ceased to exist. Oh, and the wing which was once a bail hostel, not used at all in 20 years or so and great fun to look around. Will be a shame to see it go..... but apparently a shopping centre is more important than having a police station in a city!
It's not true. I never use my tongue, it's just for stamps and emergencies.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic