Common law "we are not citizens whilst in uniform"

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Common law "we are not citizens whilst in uniform"

Post by xbob89 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:08 am

Colt Stavers wrote:Xbob - I think its because you have a far greater opportunity to use all of your skills, and to see fantastic results in major cases. The rewards are bigger, so you work even harder. My dad and my brother were CID and they loved it; my brother's just recently had to go back to uniform because of the funding cuts.
Im not being funny but CID isnt really as glam as its depicted on TV.....most of the time its boring, routine work...
CID never appealed to me. I was seconded for a short time early on during my time. Some very good coppers but also some bloody awful ones worked in the various units across London.
Im talking about a time of corruption (Flying squad and RCS springs to mind) and crap supervision....so I stuck with the uniform. Funnily enough I always found great opportunities to use all of my skills and to see fantastic results. :slww:

Colt Stavers
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Colt Stavers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Xbob - The best place to be is where everyone on your team, from top to bottom, is highly professional and 100% committed. I can't bear slackers.

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Colt Stavers wrote:Xbob - The best place to be is where everyone on your team, from top to bottom, is highly professional and 100% committed. I can't bear slackers.
Unfortunately el CID tends to give more scope for those slackers to get away with it...

Historically its been the CID where lay the most problems either with laziness, rule bending and rule breaking.
Robert Mark was one of the first Met commisioners to do something about it in the early 1970s and even threatened to put every last CID officer back into uniform.
Things improved I know but then we got to the 1990s where corruption reared its ugly head again on a very large scale (who remembers the SERCS affair in the mid 1990s?)....

Naa, I dont think CID is all that....

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by bluecopper » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:54 pm

xbob89 wrote:
Colt Stavers wrote:Xbob - The best place to be is where everyone on your team, from top to bottom, is highly professional and 100% committed. I can't bear slackers.
Unfortunately el CID tends to give more scope for those slackers to get away with it...

Historically its been the CID where lay the most problems either with laziness, rule bending and rule breaking.
Robert Mark was one of the first Met commisioners to do something about it in the early 1970s and even threatened to put every last CID officer back into uniform.
Things improved I know but then we got to the 1990s where corruption reared its ugly head again on a very large scale (who remembers the SERCS affair in the mid 1990s?)....

I only ever see them in the pub as I walk past on patrol!

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:16 pm

bluecopper wrote:
xbob89 wrote:

I only ever see them in the pub as I walk past on patrol!
Yup....think its called "choir practice"...lol
I recall many years ago a DI based at Old Street nick being in trouble for getting a Q car to take him home after once such session and he was 3 sheets to the wind.....wouldnt have been so bad but the DI lived in Brentwood and it was a busy Friday night....

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Sorry to be crude, but you always know when they've been out on the lash the night before, as they leave some very undesirable brown things in the toilets! Everyone always says "CID have been in here again"!

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 pm

......way off topic surely.

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Bert Moffat wrote:......way off topic surely.
Yup.....but true.....and also quite amusing....

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:46 pm

We digress :slhat:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic