PCSO Best practice...

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PCSO Best practice...

Post by mj12cz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:25 am

Hi all I hope everyone is well.

I've been asked to assist with a project at work where we are looking at best practice and the PCSO role as a whole.

I was wondering what works for you guys out there on the beat?

What projects work? How you work successfully with your police colleagues etc?

Anything you have that you think is right up the PCSO street would be great.

I appreciate that we are all different and rural work is different to town/city work but the work is essentially the same.

I'll start, we do a scheme called JPCSO at the schools, it's great works well lots of structure and support from the force.
Door to doors for CID
Reassurance visits
Crime reports for minor crimes..

So peeps... Like I said what works for you also what projects have you tried that doesn't work?
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Re: PCSO Best practice...

Post by ruben » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:11 am

In my area command, we have an operation which links in with the local council, whereby a local authority bus is utilised to patrol areas with high levels of ASB, mainly caused by alcohol use. It is staffed normally by a PCSO, a PC and children's services to stop check children involved in ASB. those who are found to be drunk or in the possession of alcohol are taken home and details are taken of both the child and the parents. If the child is stopped again in similar circumstances, then intervention takes place to try and work with the family to prevent further ASB issues.

It has been running for several years, and has been a major success in contributing to lowering the levels of youth ASB in the area.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: PCSO Best practice...

Post by mj12cz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

It would be interesting to see what a BTP PCSO does as best practice as they are very close with in their role to a regular.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic