Looks like a need a new job

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

addi564
Registered Member
Registered Member

Looks like a need a new job

Post by addi564 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Just had this email. To say i am gutted is an understatement. Best move to plan B

Dear applicant,

Police Community Support Officer

Further to my email dated the 27th June 2014, we are now in a position to provide you with an update.

Unfortunately we are sorry to inform you that all PCSO recruitment has been put on hold. This is due to operational priorities regarding the frontline services for the public of Wiltshire.

The Force Senior Command Team will review this decision on a regular basis however at this time we do not plan on your intake starting until July 2015.

I understand this will come as a disappointment to you however we can confirm that you will not need to re-complete any of the stages you have already undertaken. The next stage you will need to complete will be the medical and fitness test and we are likely to invite you to this stage in March/April 2015.

I would like to thank you for the commitment you demonstrated in applying for the role and the time and effort you gave completing your application and attending the assessment centre.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to contacting you again in the new year.

Kind Regards

Wiltshire Police Resourcing Team

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Looks like a need a new job

Post by falkor » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 pm

yeah Plan B for sure

so how many other people got that same email? :slzz2: shame

addi564
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by addi564 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

hopefully come July next year I will still be in a position to take the job, think I would of made a good PCSO

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm

addi564,

I'm extremely sorry to hear your news. The good thing is that, should you still be interested in 12 months time, you won't have to go through the full application process but 12 months is a long time and a lot can happen.

Are you in a position to look at applying to neighbouring forces? I live 24 miles from where I work and am just over the force & county border. It takes me 30 minutes or so to get to work. I reckon this is because I rarely travel in the rush hour due to my shifts but I haven't experienced bad weather yet. Most of my journey is on a motorway which helps with both time and fuel.

If you did successfully apply to, say, Gloucestershire, you'd have a good few months experience by the time July 2015 comes around and you'd have the security of still having a job if Wiltshire knocked you back again. It'd also be good evidence of how keen you are if they decided to re-interview you, in that you didn't just give up, you went and got a PCSO job with another force and you still want to work for Wiltshire because of local knowledge, travel costs etc.

In the meantime, please don't leave these forums as it's nice to have you here and if you have any questions I and others will do our best to answer and your opinions, thoughts and views are as valuable as anybody else's. Hopefully, the next 12 months will fly by.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic