how about awards for community support officers

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

LILLIAN
Rookie Member

how about awards for community support officers

Post by LILLIAN » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:42 pm

Why is there rewards for community police officers only? Don't pcso's put in community work too? Another case of them and us?

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:43 pm

hi Lillian :mrgreen:

there are awards for PCSOs click here for an example (2004 MET PCSOs AWARDS) :wideblu:

does anybody know of any OTHER PCSO awards out there?

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:56 pm

I'm pretty sure that some PCSOs have been nominated for borough bravery awards - I have received both QSRs and borough commanders awards.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Steve Gill
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Steve Gill » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:12 am

I agree ! We should have awards for PCSO's. QSR's are nice, especially when your APS actually forwards them on. Awards should be given to those, especially if they've done something good like leading the Police to known robbers, like in London recently.

Two? armed robbers were caught because the PCSO's were on the ball. Providing you don't put yours' or anybody else's life in real danger, go for it and lets have appriciation shown by the Borough Commander!
Keep 'em Peeled!

urbanwarrior
Rookie Member

Post by urbanwarrior » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:40 pm

Awards for what?? Doing your job.

Madness :roll:
UrbanWarrior

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by micky » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:15 pm

In the Met any member of staff can nominate either a colleague or members of the public for a commendation.

You will learn pretty fast that you don't always get nominated. This is often down to your colleagues pressure of work, or them not being aware of the full facts.

If you think about it Falkor puts endless hours into this site to help you and yet none of us have considered putting his name forward for formal recognition. The relevant forms are on the intranet.
never regret the future.

john burnell

Post by john burnell » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:33 pm

here here micky.....

Steve Gill
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Steve Gill » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:57 pm

During my latter years on the Council, we attended ceremonies where Police Officers received awards for good work. Yes, some were remarkable feats of bravery but a little thanks from the local authority towards PCSO's wouldn't go amiss. Other than that, your wages are your reward. How boring!
Keep 'em Peeled!

ACBailey

Post by ACBailey » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:17 am

There should be a National Award scheme. We have one for Street Wardens who do a similar role. Give the PCSO's who go above and beyond a little appreciation. Sounds good to me.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:35 am

me too :rblob:

Police Community Support Officer of the Year 2006
PCSO Paula Boston

Paula Boston, a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) from Wing, is the top PCSO in the Thames Valley Police Community Policing Awards competition.

Speaking of her achievement, Paula said: “It was quite surreal when I was told. I am so thrilled about it. The support from the community has been fantastic, right across the board – from the young people who have been really open and worked with me to the community in general being really supportive of me and my role.”

Paula has always wanted to work with people and began her career in the hotel and catering industry before becoming a licensee. She then heard the Thames Valley Police recruitment publicity for Police Community Support Officers and decided to give it a go.

She said:” I wanted to get involved because it was more community-based and I have always worked with the public. I had thought about being a police officer in my twenties and decided against it because of family commitments. Then when I heard about PCSOs I decided it was a career I wanted to be involved in.”

One resident, Commander Vic Sirett OBE RN (Retd), said:” Paula started at grass roots level, concentrating her efforts with a hearts and minds campaign aimed at schools, youth clubs, councillors, parents and more importantly to young people she met on the streets.

Image click photo of Paula BOSTON for full story :mrgren:

METRO
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by METRO » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:07 pm

I have recieved a reward of the financial kind from my supervision for good work. I got £75 tax free in my wage for nabbing a bag thief. :b: :D
'A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions'.

ak2006
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ak2006 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:15 pm

PCSO's here all got recognised in the area gala awards as well as the bobbies

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:47 pm

In Barnet we hav a PCSO of the month award which includes a hundred pound bonus
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Mark up for best UK officer award

Post by falkor » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:52 am

Published Date: 25 September 2007
Source: Northants Evening Telegraph

Mark up for best UK officer award
A POLICE community support officer who scooped a county award earlier this year is now in line to be named the best in the country.
Mark Tooley, who works on the Kingswood, Danesholme and Great Oakley areas of Corby, is up for the Police Review magazine’s Community Police Officer of the Year Award.

He was put forward by Northamptonshire Chief Constable Peter Maddison.

The officer, who gave up his job as a car mechanic two-and-a-half years ago to become a community support officer, has been recommended for his part in turning around the fortunes of the Kingswood estate, which has seen crime fall since the launch of the safer community team three years ago.

Mr Tooley, who won the cup at the annual Northamptonshire Police awards in July, said: “We get a lot of recognition from the general public who say it is nice to see us around. They tell us things have improved since we started working on the estates and it’s nice to be recognised with an award.”

Since Mr Tooley started pounding the beat, successes include the closure of a drugs den in a derelict property and the removal of graffiti and litter.

The community support officers have also forged links with schools and have spoken to parents about their children’s behaviour.

Mr Tooley said: “Like anywhere, there are still problems in the area, such as juvenile nuisance, but this summer for the first time since they were introduced we have not implemented a dispersal order on the estate, which shows the improvements.

“From what people say on the Kingswood estate they believe we are working well and their quality of life has improved.”

A total of 45 officers went on the beat in the county four years ago when community support officers were launched nationally, and there are now 162.

Insp Gary Williams said: “Mark is an excellent officer who sets high standards and he deserved his recent award. He has established good working relations with other agencies, which he uses to good effect in tackling local issues.”

Mr Tooley will find out if he has won at an awards ceremony in London on November 23.
Last Updated: 24 September 2007 2:51 PM
[img]http://www.national-pcsos.co.uk/pimages ... 124838.jpg[/img]
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Police Community Support
Officer Mark Tooley, who
is in line to win a national
award after his work in
Corby
ET picture by Doug Easton: 220907-8-02
WELL DONE MARK!!! :mrgreen: top PCSO!!

paulw
Official Member
Official Member

Post by paulw » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:02 pm

http://ww2.northumbria.police.uk/ePolic ... enDocument

Community Support Officer of the Year Northumbria.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic