MET POLICE "humiliate" drug dealer !

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

MET POLICE "humiliate" drug dealer !

Post by falkor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Luke Walsh-Pinnock's mugshot on a "name and shame" leaflet sent to 1,500 homes
By ANTHONY FRANCE

Published: Today
A DRUG dealer is to sue cops for "humiliating" him by telling neighbours he had been jailed.
Police put Luke Walsh-Pinnock's mugshot on a "name and shame" leaflet sent to 1,500 homes.

But the 22-year-old lag claims that breached his human rights and plans to seek damages. Cops spread the news to Walsh-Pinnock's neighbours in Kilburn, West London, that he had been sentenced to four years for dealing Class A drugs - cocaine and heroin.

Their leaflet added: "Individuals dealing drugs will be arrested and prosecuted, the above (Walsh-Pinnock) is a prime example of police intention."
Luke Walsh-Pinnock's mugshot on a "name and shame" leaflet sent to
1,500 homes

Officers raided a flat in Kilburn last August and caught Walsh-Pinnock
red-handed cutting up around half a kilo of heroin. They seized a safe
which contained a large quantity of cocaine and some heroin.
Now his parents have complained about his "degrading" treatment.

A pal of his mum Linda Walsh whinged: "Luke's been humiliated in his local community, which is against his human rights. We'll take this to court.

"He's a good boy who is kind to his family."

Chief Superintendent Matthew Gardner, commander of Brent Police, said: "We constantly target offenders and put them before the courts but often local people don't know what has been done.

"It is important that they are aware when criminals are put away and will no longer be blighting their communities."

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Re: MET POLICE "humiliate" drug dealer !

Post by averagejoe90 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 pm

GOOD! hes a good boy? dont think so.
AccountKiller

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:40 pm

How can the, this information is in the public domain?
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Brilliant!!

No-one has probably heard of this fool, even after his recent conviction, but now that his family have gone to the press about his "terrible" treatment - the whole world knows what a "good son" he is.

Who are the family going to blame for that other than themselves? :sljo:

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:55 am

We did this in our area, boy's mother threatened to sue. Boss told her to bring it on, let the whole world see her son for what he was and not just her village.....

She didn't, funnily enough.
Big brother is watching you.

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:09 pm

And this is about as bad:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-him.html

Boss who frogmarched worker to police station after he stole £845 is forced to pay the THIEF £13,000 'for humiliating him'

A boss who frogmarched a thieving employee to a police station after discovering he had stolen £845 from the company has been forced to pay the crook £13,000 for 'humiliating him'.

Mark Gilbert, 40, was paraded through the streets of Witham in Essex, after his boss Simon Cremer discovered the father-of-three had written out a cheque for £845 to himself. He was forced to wear a sign around his neck saying: 'THIEF. I Stole £845. Am on my way to the police station'. while furious Mr Cremer accompanied him to be quizzed by detectives.

However, in a shocking twist, Gilbert was let off with a police caution - a slap on the wrist - while Mr Cremer was hauled before the courts accused of false imprisonment. The distraught employer was facing a possible lengthy jail sentence until the case eventually collapsed. But then Gilbert launched a civil claim for compensation and Mr Cremer's nightmare continued. Now the employer has been forced to hand his thieving former employer £5,000 in compensation for the 'humiliation' he suffered. Mr Cremer, 47, also has to pay £8,000 in legal fees following the theft in Witham, Essex.

He said: 'I think it's absolutely disgusting that he was even able to sue me after he had stolen from me to be honest. I don't want to give him a penny after what he did, so it really sticks in my throat.

tommy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tommy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Bert Moffat wrote:And this is about as bad:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-him.html

Boss who frogmarched worker to police station after he stole £845 is forced to pay the THIEF £13,000 'for humiliating him'

A boss who frogmarched a thieving employee to a police station after discovering he had stolen £845 from the company has been forced to pay the crook £13,000 for 'humiliating him'.

Mark Gilbert, 40, was paraded through the streets of Witham in Essex, after his boss Simon Cremer discovered the father-of-three had written out a cheque for £845 to himself. He was forced to wear a sign around his neck saying: 'THIEF. I Stole £845. Am on my way to the police station'. while furious Mr Cremer accompanied him to be quizzed by detectives.

However, in a shocking twist, Gilbert was let off with a police caution - a slap on the wrist - while Mr Cremer was hauled before the courts accused of false imprisonment. The distraught employer was facing a possible lengthy jail sentence until the case eventually collapsed. But then Gilbert launched a civil claim for compensation and Mr Cremer's nightmare continued. Now the employer has been forced to hand his thieving former employer £5,000 in compensation for the 'humiliation' he suffered. Mr Cremer, 47, also has to pay £8,000 in legal fees following the theft in Witham, Essex.

He said: 'I think it's absolutely disgusting that he was even able to sue me after he had stolen from me to be honest. I don't want to give him a penny after what he did, so it really sticks in my throat.
*Sigh*
*Any posts made by me are my personal opinion*

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 am

IMHO the summary "justice" meted out by Mr. Cremer to his employee was an appalling and unnecessary humiliation.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 am

Cremer vs Gilbert- Another case of the 'Human Rights' lawyers backing criminals- just beyond belief. Anyone who does not fully support Simon Cremer needs their head examined. We need a politician with the guts to stand up and tear up the 'Human Rights' Act- and then sack all the 'Human Rights' lawyers who, along with the criminals, profit from the 'Human Rights' "Siera Hotel India Tango" blighting this laughing stock of a country.

As for the drug dealer, he fully deserves to be humiliated... no doubt the 'Human Rights' lawyers will rub their hands in glee in the anticipation of making huge profits whilst rewarding their beloved criminal friends at the same time. Who is worse- the criminals themselves or the 'Human Rights' lawyers who fight for their 'rights? Well, it's easy to answer my own question- the latter are the worst in my view...
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 am

Catweazle wrote:Cremer vs Gilbert- Another case of the 'Human Rights' lawyers backing criminals- just beyond belief. Anyone who does not fully support Simon Cremer needs their head examined.

Why? Cremer clearly overstepped the mark. The law allows a person to use force to prevent an offence, to defend themselves or to arrest someone. Any sensible person knows that if you arrest someone, unless you're outside the nick or at least close by, you call the police and we come to you.

You certainly don't rough the bloke up whilst he's tied up either.
Big brother is watching you.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:08 pm

I see your point- but to give the thief a financial reward for stealing in the first place makes a complete mockery out of our increasingly retarded legal system.

Cremer should have been told off (or perhaps fined) separately- perhaps. But to encourage and reward the thief and others like him is completely wrong as well as stupid- and sends the wrong message.

Furthermore, the thief was not "roughed up". He was humiliated- and deservedly so.
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic