Big cat Sighting

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Big cat Sighting

Post by mj12cz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 am

Ok, never believed in these big cat sightings in the UK, but yesterday while at work I had a large black cat about 4-5 foot long and tail that was about 2.5 foot long cross the road about 25 yards infront of me!!!

It was massive for a cat, gave me a bit of a fright to be fair but a great sighting!

I have spoken with our wildlife officer who I know well and was on at the time and he has had 2 sightings himself, he was not at all suprised.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: Big cat Sighting

Post by Arthur ASCII » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 pm

mj12cz wrote:Ok, never believed in these big cat sightings in the UK, but yesterday while at work I had a large black cat about 4-5 foot long and tail that was about 2.5 foot long cross the road about 25 yards infront of me!!!

It was massive for a cat, gave me a bit of a fright to be fair but a great sighting!

I have spoken with our wildlife officer who I know well and was on at the time and he has had 2 sightings himself, he was not at all suprised.
Alien Big Cat (ABC) sightings are very common indeed, and although a large percentage can be explained away as hoaxes, there are still a large number of unexplained encounters.

The web site below is a good resource for ABC sightings and info:

http://www.ukbigcats.co.uk/

One or two big cats have been captured/killed in past years (notably one in Northern Ireland), and one theory is that many ABCs were released into the wild from private collections years ago when changes to the law regarding exotic animals were introduced.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

We have had quite a few sightings here in Norfolk. My husband swears he saw a black panther beside the road jumping a fence one evening on his way along a quiet country road. We have also had people call the police on occasion. I don't think there is smoke without a fire and I agree with Arthur. I have heard that theory before. England has a mild climate, there is no reason why a big cat wouldn't be able to survive in the wild.

jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by jay1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 am

When i worked on the Suffolk/Norfolk border we had someone that lived in the forest with exotic animals..there were always rumours that some had escaped....
But i never saw anything.

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Cheers Arthur I have logged the sighting.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic