London's Burning

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

dingdangdo
Banned Member

London's Burning

Post by dingdangdo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 am

Do we really need this programme?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/londons-burning

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: London's Burning

Post by Arthur ASCII » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:42 am

I'm quite happy to admit that London's Burning is a programme I've never watched, but it doesn't surprise, shock or disgust me that a soap opera wants to hang onto the coat-tails of a recent news event and make some capital out of it.

dingdangdo
Banned Member

Post by dingdangdo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 am

:slwot:

Did you look at the link Arthur?

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 pm

dingdangdo wrote::slwot:

Did you look at the link Arthur?
Yes I did. Seemed to be no different from the usual pap that is written to accompany soaps that have pretensions to be "docu-dramas"...
...This drama is the story of what happened, based on the testimony of some of those who were there.
Drawing on witness testimonies and interviews, the drama weaves together half a dozen narratives, and is based on accounts from those who live or work in Clapham: the hairdresser, the party shop owner, the family man, the music shop keeper.
Their accounts are fascinating, revelatory and compelling. They are vivid testimonies to the enduring values of humanity: courage, compassion, determination, kindness and tolerance.
Oh dear...

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by Hysteria » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Channel four trying desperately to be ' edgy ' again . it should stick to coach trip and come dine with me :slzip:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic