Cavendish crashes at end of race, Tour De France

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Cavendish crashes at end of race, Tour De France

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 am

Mark Cavendish dislocated his right shoulder and suffered ligament damage after crashing near the end of the Tour de France's opening stage in Yorkshire.

The Briton collided with Simon Gerrans during the sprint finish in Harrogate, which was won by Marcel Kittel.

Cavendish was due to have an MRI scan with a decision on whether he will continue racing made on Sunday morning.

"It was my fault, I'll apologise to Simon," he said. "I tried to find a gap that was not there, I wanted to win."

Cavendish added: "I felt really strong and was in a great position to contest the sprint thanks to the unbelievable efforts of my team. Sorry to all the fans that came out to support. It was truly incredible."

:slcool: what impresses me is the guy's fast honesty! when I see day after day in RTA's NO ONE will admit liability, they all blame the other party and here we have Cavendish immediately apologising :slch2: made my day

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Cavendish crashes at end of race, Tour De France

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Working in West Yorkshire I was fully prepared for the TDF to come through my area, until my Sgt said "No, you can't give them tickets for going through red lights." Spoilsport.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic