What are your hobbies!!!

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

BiGjD
Official Member
Official Member

Re: What are your hobbies!!!

Post by BiGjD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Rugby is my passion, spent some time at professional level when I was around 18 and played in the national divisions when I was 21. Also play the drums and used to give lessons at a local youth club. Have a keen interest in avionics engineering as well. Oh and I like to play abit of poker from time to time :slcool:

Jay
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Jay » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm a big gamer and enjoy playing games on my XBOX 360 and PC. Currently addicted to Football Manager 2009 on the PC. Spending quality time with my girlfriend. A big football fan, support Leeds United and I never miss Match Of The Day! Into health and fitness so going to the gym and eating healthy is a big part of my life plus I enjoy it immensly, you cannot beat the feeling of having a really good hard workout :slsm: I also enjoy watching films and enjoy reading and watching programs about the Spartans and the Samurai.
Oct 25 2008 - Applied for PCSO with West Yorkshire Police
Nov 25 2008 - Application phase = PASSED
Dec 16 2008 - Assessment phase = PASSED
Jan 28 2009 - Medical = PASSED
Mar 25 2009 - Vetting & References = PASSED
Sep 28 2009 - Start date!

spider86
Official Member
Official Member

Post by spider86 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:53 am

-
Last edited by spider86 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCSO West Yorkshire Police

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm hooked on computers. Have been since I bought my Sinclair ZX80 and did the very first Armed Forces computer literacy course in 1980!

My hobby led me to take an HND in Business Information Technology when I left the mob, resulting in a distinguished and fun career as an I.T. consultant working worldwide.

Nowadays I use my skills as a PCSO, running websites for local community groups, skilling up my colleagues and providing gobsmackingly good posters, graphs, charts, mindmaps and Powerpoint presentations to all and sundry.

It's the love of my life, and I can see a gazillion ways that I can use my skills on the job.
Last edited by Arthur ASCII on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Last edited by Arthur ASCII on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

danielswindells
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by danielswindells » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:03 pm

I have absolutely zero hobbies nowdays...really should occupy my time more productively!

Jay
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jay » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:56 pm

spider86 wrote:My passion is music, i love listening all kinds of genres from rock, pop, country, rap, classical etc. I play the guitar and sing and have been learning to play piano recently but would love to do drums too.
Cool, I loved playing drums at school and did get pretty good before I left. It would be great to have my own drumset one day :slsm:
Oct 25 2008 - Applied for PCSO with West Yorkshire Police
Nov 25 2008 - Application phase = PASSED
Dec 16 2008 - Assessment phase = PASSED
Jan 28 2009 - Medical = PASSED
Mar 25 2009 - Vetting & References = PASSED
Sep 28 2009 - Start date!

BiGjD
Official Member
Official Member

Post by BiGjD » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Jay wrote:
spider86 wrote:My passion is music, i love listening all kinds of genres from rock, pop, country, rap, classical etc. I play the guitar and sing and have been learning to play piano recently but would love to do drums too.
Cool, I loved playing drums at school and did get pretty good before I left. It would be great to have my own drumset one day :slsm:
Shame I didn't know this before haha! I recently sold both my kits as I don't give lessons anymore and I don't have time to play in a band :( Would have sold one of them cheaply to you if I had of known!

DaBoY1968
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DaBoY1968 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm into Paintball (Woodsball style). I started playing in march last year with my 14yr old son and I was instantly hooked! and now I even volunteer as a Safety Marshall when I'm not playing myself. I've also played Airsoft (Urban CQB style) a couple of times, which is actually a blast to play and we even get to use 9mm BFG's (Training Grenades) indoors!
I enjoy Mountain Biking, but not as much as I used to due to work commitments in my last job!(I hope to change that situation) and I'm also addicted to the gym and running, which I try to do at least three times a week and I also enjoy walking, when ever and where ever I can.

douglasd01
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Warrior Mage'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by douglasd01 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:27 am

I love playing snooker, fishing in the summer, surfing the net, Formula 1 on a sunday. Night in with the lads. Night in with my lady ;) all sorts really!
Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

anthill
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by anthill » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 pm

I sing and play guitar in a Rock band. Got together late in life with some buddies for a 'jam' and it escalated from there. Still just a bit of fun, but one heck of a buzz - and does the old confidence some good to. Other hobbies are keeping fit, running and squash, was playing 5 a side, but the old knees were starting to suffer!!

jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by jay1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

I keep lurchers which enjoy exercising, i do martial arts and got my black belt in 2005 after an 8 hr grading, I love reading and watching movies and spending time with my wife and kids.
I also spend some time on X box live.
I also do some computing

turkishgeezer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by turkishgeezer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 pm

hi all

you know how it is with boys and their toys so i am a gadget man.but my main hobby which is actually like a lifestyle more than hobby,is scuba diving.being a BSAC dive leader and assistant instructor,it is my main priority when it comes to spending my free time.

nice to read everyone else's hobbies here as well

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by averagejoe90 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 am

uuhhh, I like mountain biking, surfing, snowboarding, building, going to the gym (yeah right but i force myself to) and just generally meeting up with friends. :slby:
AccountKiller

hanika8
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Daywalker'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by hanika8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am

hi!! my hobbies are horse riding, writing, reading, cinema and other sporty things!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic