What are your hobbies!!!

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

jules64
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: What are your hobbies!!!

Post by jules64 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am

Walking the dog and sitting down with a cuppa watching a good film :slsa:
Jules

maximart
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by maximart » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Im mad about scooters, especially classic vespas and everything that goes with them - Ska music The Jam, Weller, Style Council the whole scene really after watching Quadrophenia as an impressionable youth which was a very errr long time ago now.
Love cycling and have just started going off road (intentionally) which is much more challenging and interesting than just riding along main roads.
The Gym in the Winter but not as often as I should, Cooking indian and chinese food and exploring the coast aroud Devon and recently South Wales on My Scoot.

Flying Warden
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Priest'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Vulcan'

Post by Flying Warden » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:17 am

I'm into aviation. Give me a flying machine and some fuel and I'm happy.

I visit airshows, fly-ins and gatherings whenever I can.

Also into military re-enactments, preferably WW2 and occasionally get dressed up in 1940's uniforms with my wife and go dancing to the tunes of the 40's.

Well into history and old buildings/castles/abbeys etc.

I also collect aviation art and make Airfix models.
Fly low, Fly fast.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Flying Warden wrote:I'm into aviation. Give me a flying machine and some fuel and I'm happy.
I hate flying more than most things. I have to get drugged up before I go onboard any plane. I am then scared all the way listening to the engine's noises and my heart is in my throat every time the plane turns or changes height. I am truly pathetic! :slhi:

I change my passions quite often. At the moment its Judo that makes me happy. I go three times a week and at the moment I am sporting a black eye and a cut lip. I just love it even when I get hurt :slbx:

Papillon
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Papillon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I am pretty new to the site as my application references are still being processed, plus I still have my medical and fitness to pass! But in my spare time I am a keen follower of Rugby Union (Sarries fan), Formula 1 and Snooker. I also enjoy cooking influenced by my overseas travelling through past jobs.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:16 pm

what was the last dinner you made Pappillon? :slby: Chicked Frahitus?

Dungeon Modding has been my hobby the last couple of months, I just joined the Dungeon Modder site in fact :slgw:

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 am

Hobbies? Well, with what little spare time the Mrs. allows me . . . reading (both fiction and non fiction : crime novels, history), music (rock, blues, classical) and cooking (as and when shifts allow).
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

snakeywakey
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by snakeywakey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 pm

I used to be mad keen on table top dungeons and dragons but I outgrew that years ago. I spend my time watching sci fi/gangster films or on my ps3. I like my motorbike and doing stuff with the kids.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm

I don't think I have any? :slwo:

I may get time one day when I retire and kids are moved out. At the moment I am a "provider" or a worker bee...

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Rather than just a list of my hobbies, here's a quote from my C.V. ...

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling mountains and skiing couloirs. I have been known to remodel stabvests in my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat dissipation. I translate staff requirements for the Chief Constable, I write award-winning articles for Police News, I manage time efficiently.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike sincerity, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook a boiled egg in 3 minutes. I am an expert in Black Adder, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

I enjoy urban parachuting. I am the subject of numerous Press releases. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair oscillating fans free of charge. I never cheat at squash. I am a fearless canoeist. Under pressure, I rely on chirpy optimism, I never panic. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I am an abstract creator, a generous tipper, and a ruthless gigolo. I once turned down an offer from London Zoo for my trouser snake, lounge lizard and tent rhino. Critics world-wide swoon over my original line of walking shorts. I can defecate and ski at the same time.

I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. Last summer I toured Barbados with a travelling libido. My eyebrows have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic. I have exchanged groins, advised the UN, and won the Nobel Peace prize in 1994 for my amusing anecdote on uses of the unemployed. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life, but forgot to write it down.

I once read the Bible, Ullysses and the Koran in one day and still had time to complete an entire attic conversion that evening. I am a legendary Kart racer. I know the exact location of every food item in the kitchen. I have performed several covert operations for the SAS. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I am the special person in my life. I am an unstable extrovert, a whisky connoisseur and the perfect son. While on holiday in Africa, I donated a kidney to save the life of a young Massai girl; then had sex with her.

I have made extraordinary four course chicken meals using only a candle and a toaster. I breed prize-winning clematis in my roof garden. I have won the Cresta run in St Moritz, tennis matches in Wimbledon, and friends worldwide. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, I have survived Shuttlecock, and I have spoken with Elvis.

BUT I HAVE NOT YET MET A POLICE CONSTABLE WHO HAS NOT LOOKED DOWN THEIR NOSE AT ME !
UNISON - Fighting your corner. Join us HERE
ImageImageImageImage

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Aye right......

ninjamonk
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ninjamonk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Surf,Surf,Surf!!!!!! oh! and the gym but not a gym addict. as both makes me feel real good :D

snakeywakey
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by snakeywakey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Lol Oh Arthur you do make me laugh! I think you're actually Jesus.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:01 am

ninjamonk wrote:Surf,Surf,Surf!!!!!! oh! and the gym but not a gym addict. as both makes me feel real good :D
so do you have a surf board? I know that feeling of the waves (on holiday!) :slwoot: gorgeous but never been surfing

Could going to the gym actually be called a HOBBY!?

I am still doing my DUNGEONS (as per 8 posts above) I got a Dungeon Game and played it but half way through I found an option of the menu "Dungeon Editor" and that was it!! I was OFF :sldv:

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:55 am

I collect fluff in my belly button.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic